Friday, February 27, 2015

Wool and the Gang: Sustainable Knitted Fashion

(c) Wool and the Gang


I first heard about Wool and the Gang a few years ago while reading One Sheepish Girl. She had ordered a kit from them and was knitting something sumptuous and cozy. Of course I had to click over to their website and check them out! The branding and style really pulled me in, from their bold font choices to their black-and-white modus operandi.

(c) Wool and the Gang
What I saw was a genuinely cool company, specializing in knit garments and accessories. Not only could you order something ready-made (knitted by hand by someone like you), but you could also order a kit to make your own! They out-source wool and even recycle fashion waste into fiber to continue the sustainability cycle. I love that they've made knitting look super cool and high-fashion. They even have a list of all the benefits of knitting, from stress-relief to improved memory!

(c) Wool and the Gang
They also include opportunities for you to be "in the gang" - host a knit party, become a maker, or teach someone else how to knit. Their photography is marvelous, their yarns look super-squishy, and I like the whole idea. Check 'em out!

All images are from Wool and the Gang - I do not own any of the images used in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment