Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Peek: Illustrator Project + Little Owl

Wanted to share with y'all my progress on an Illustrator project I've been working on. In one of my Skillshare classes, we're supposed to recreate an old advertisement using the techniques we learn in Illustrator. I chose this art deco ad from the 1930s:


Cool, right? This is my progress so far.


The colors aren't quite right yet, and LOTS of grading and other things will have to be done to it that I haven't learned yet. Love Skillshare! I'm learning so much with these classes.

A little side project is this tiny owl. Isn't he cute?


I drew and painted him last night. I want to try digitizing him using my newfound Illustrator skills. 

1 comment :

  1. whoa. Whoa. WHOA. You ARE a great artist!!! The owl's so cute, and the poster is like an exact replica! <3

    ReplyDelete